Monday, November 2, 2009

fishing village at Kuala Kurau



Kuala Kurau is a fishing village at the north of Perak state and where is located in Kerian district. I always heard about this place from ex-colleague and never has feeling to go there although only take 45 minutes distance from my home. Perhaps I always has perception that nothing special about fishing village. Until one of facebook friends was showing his Kuala Kurau photo album which has drawn my attention.

Yes, I have to agree that Kuala Kurau is a special fishing village that I have ever visited. There are many fisherman houses along the both riversides with their fishing boat. And there are several fishing farms floating on the wide river. Along the village street, you can see some villagers are drying small prawns & fishes in front of house or backyard. Most of the houses here were made of wood and are old building design like my grandpa house. To my surprise, several houses have been modified to be nesting house on top of their existing house. I am wondering how their neighbors and themselves to tolerate with the noisy bird sound.

When I was shooting photo around the fishing village, I'm so lucky that got one friendly villager invited me to visit her mum's wooden house. It was so fantastic to recall my old childhood memory about living in wooden house. I love the backyard scene very much which is facing the river and also could feel the wind flow while rest on wooden floor. According to that villager, most of the Chinese who staying at that street are Hokkien and with the surname Ong. Almost all of them are working as fisherman. She also told me that where and when is the good time to take sunset photo. I was thinking that's would be good if I have chance to stay that house overnight.

Kuala Kurau; I will be back for sunrise or sunset shooting.


















8 comments:

Spencer Ng said...

很美的一个鱼村,这地方是我想去的地方之一。
Loh 这组片有HDR过吗?拍的很Lifestyle。

singlong said...

前两张,后两张和第五张是HDR,其余的是original。我还会回去拍日落或日出。谢谢!

duriankia said...

hi..看了你的照片很觉得很美,很专业。
我也是photography爱好者。
可以看看我的blog
http://duriankia0803.blogspot.com

singlong said...

Hi durian kia; 谢谢你的赞赏!
我会去看你的blog =)

NoraHash said...

Well said and nice photos !

Anonymous said...

哇!谢谢!我一直想写在我的该网站的东西。我能参加你的文章的一部分,我的博客?

Anonymous said...

谢谢好东西

moon said...

hi does anyone know of anyone with a village house to sell? I n looking for house for retirement. Tq.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...